Monday, February 7, 2011

1st post/Patchwork Lamp

Hey! So I decided to make a DIY (do it yourself) decor blog and I am really excited about it! My absolute favorite thing to do is decorate my house, re-do old furniture, and make fun little craft projects WHILE staying on a budget. I think the best part is seeing the end project and knowing that it was done for really cheap! Such a great and "wheww" feeling! I hope you enjoy my journey as I continue to decorate/re-do our house, craft, and re-funk some junk.


My first project I thought I would post is a patchwork lamp.

Every project I do is on a budget so when I find a great deal I get so excited!!! Like this lamp base...this cutesy little thing was only $6 at Target.

I bought the fabric squares off of Etsy close to a year ago and spent around $5 for those.



I bought the lampshade a while back at Wal-Mart on clearance for $3! SO this pretty little lamp only cost $14 all together. It def. could be done cheaper but I just used what I had already bought and I love it!
*It is a VERY simple project. All you need is
1. a lamp and lamp shade
2. Fabric squares
3. Fabric glue
*I arranged the fabric squares on the lampshade just the way I wanted and then glued on! Easy huh?
It is such a random, artsy lamp and I absolutely love it!
For now, this lamp will go in my bedroom. Our master bedroom is very "unique" like this lamp, and when finished (cross your fingers for that), will be a very fun, unique, New Yorkish feel type of room! Pics to come of the bedroom and the rest of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment